Basic Forum Instructions

Please read before posting. Enter questions, problems, and suggestions.

Basic Forum Instructions

Postby sharon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:18 pm

You may want to print these instructions out.
Important Note: This forum uses cookies to insure your privacy while using them. You will not be able to Login if your computer is not setup to allow cookies. Read our privacy statement for further info.

Instructional Note: Many headings and some verbage on the Forums are actually 'clickable links'. If you move your mouse over the word(s), they will turn from blue to red in color. At that point, you may click on your mouse and you will be taken to a corresponding section or page. 'Clickable links' will be used extensively in these instructions.

To Login (this is the first step of any Forum usage)
1. Click your mouse inside the Username box and enter your registration username.
2. Click your mouse inside the Password box and enter the password you used to register
3. Click inside the 'Log me on automatically each visit' to enter a check mark there if you choose to use automatic Login
4. A new page will open with a 'Welcome to our support forums' salutation, with your 'username' at the end. (located directly below the bar styled menu at the top of the page).
Note: If you are having difficulty with the login, please read this topic:
--> Can't Login

Forum Organization
The forum title is viewable by the public for all types of forums, but the content of each forum may only be viewed by the public in a small number. There are three types of forums:
Public - Content is publicly viewable - membership required for posting.
All Members - All registered forum members can participate.
Private Forums - Administrator approval required to participate.

To Enter Any Forum - (Private forums require pre-approval - see instructions below).
1. Login (if not currently logged in).
2. Scroll down (use the scroll bar to the right of your browser screen) the forum listing on the start page and find a Public of All Member Forum you would like to enter.
3. The forum names are 'clickable links'. Clicking on a forum name will open a new page that lists all topics for that forum.

To View Forum Topics
1. Follow Login and Forum Entry instructions above.
2. Topics listied under the Topics heading are 'clickable links'. If you click on one, you will be able to read all the posts that have been entered under that topic.

To Respond to a Topic or Post
1. Follow Login, Forum Entry, and Topic View instructions above.
2. While viewing a particular topic, simply click on the 'postreply' button at the top or bottom left of that topic viewing screen.
3. Click your mouse in the very large text box (Message Body) and type your reply in regular sentence/paragraph format. Once you have completed your reply, scroll (bar to the screen right) to the bottom of that screen and click on the 'Submit' button. Your post will be submitted and a temporary forwarding screen will be display for a minute, then you will be redirected to the post viewing screen.

To Enter a New Topic
1. Follow Login, and Forum Entry instructions above.
2. Click on the 'newtopic' button to the top or bottom left of that Forum Topic display screen.
3. Click your mouse in the single line Subject text box and enter a title for your topic.
4. Then click your mouse in the very large text box (Message Body) and type your reply in regular sentence/paragraph format. Once you have completed your reply, scroll (bar to the screen right) to the bottom of that screen and click on the 'Submit' button. Your post will be submitted and a temporary forwarding screen will be display for a minute, then you will be redirected to the post viewing screen.

My Private Groups, Forums, & Profile - To find your Administrator approved forums, Login to the forums (instructions above). Your Username in the Welcome message (top of page) is a 'clickable link' that will take you to your 'Profile'. Do this now.

The top of that page will list your displayable profile information. Toward the bottom, you will find an orange heading that says 'your username' is registered for the following groups:' There will be one or more Groups listed to the left of the ' -->' with a corresponding 'Forum' to the right of the ' -->'. These are 'clickable links'.

~ Click on a Group name to see members of that group (each name listed is a 'clickable link' to their profile).
OR Click on the corresponding word Forum in your profile to enter and participate in that forum.
OR If you chose to display a group, you may also enter the forum page by clicking on the word 'Forum' to the right of the 'Group Title -->'.

Another method of fast group/forum access can be found on our ---> Home Page. At the bottom of that page you will find clickable links for all private groups and all open forums. Follow the instructions above to LogIn and to enter a particular forum.

Participating in a Forum:
Whether you have chosen to enter a public, all member, or private forum, these instructions will help you participate.

Automatic Notification: If you would like to get an automatic email each time a new topic is entered on your private forum, simply click the Watch this forum for new topics link at the top or bottom right of the forum topic listing. When you get an email notification, simply click on the link in that email to be taken to the post.

Don't be afraid to try these methods of access. If you have any problems or suggestions for instruction improvement, please use our ---> Contact Form
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Re: Basic Forum Instructions

Postby ValleyoftheSun » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:13 am

When I try to view forum posts for rare brain I get a message that says I don’t have permission. I’m logged in and I get that message. Weirdly I was able to read
The 4 posts before I registered for this website and I registered so I could post. Is something wrong with my registration?
ValleyoftheSun

Cancer Diagnosis: Hemangiopericytoma
Relationship To Patient: Sister

Return to Posting How To's/Question/Suggestions - Public